Friday, October 19, 2007

Scarlett and babies day 13

Well, Scarlett and babies will have been here for 13 days tomorrow. The pups are really thriving. One, the biggest one who is mostly white dappled is a BULLY! He loves to growl and bark at everyone, including his momma and me! They are all really developing their own personalties. The little black and tan female is very laid back and passive. I see her as a little girl's pup. They are all doing so very well.

Scarlett is also doing wonderfully. Her infection is almost all gone and her bleeding has slowed substantially. She is the best mom. She dotes on her babies all the time. She looks so sad in this picture, but she is soooo sweet. She just wants to be loved. She begs to be picked up and held. This is an awesome dog.

I fed her yesterday and noticed the pups were trying to steal her food, so I decided to give them their own watered down version. You can see the video here.

Tomorrow I hope to post pictures of them all.







3 comments:

pauline said...

MY how they have grown....and improved so much. Scarlett does not look like the same momma. THANK YOU so much for your excellent care of her and the babies. It's so hard to not say "I want that one" they are all so cute. Thanks for sharing their progress w/us. Each of the pups will make GREAT pets for anyone that loves Doxies. I am really thankful that Gulf Coast Dachshund Rescue took chare of them as quickly as they did. It saved their lives. The people that abandoned them are the big losers. They don't deserve the right to see them grow up. God have mercy on them for turning their backs on innocent Scarlett and babies. Thanks again, GCDR, for your help.

sweetdoxielover said...

Oh I just love seeing this wonderful story. I have 3 doxies of my own. We have had litters and I remember how great my girls are as mothers. I stopped breeding them when I realized if they all need to come home, I'd have over 25 doxies.. I think Scarlett is gorgeous and would love to have her come home with us.

Rissa said...

Poor Scarlet! I am so pleased with how well they have all done under your care. I only wish we had room for another one, but I am guessing when the time is right, you will find her a home.

I knew better than to even look, but I have such a weakness for dachshund, especially black and tans. We adopted an adult and a senior from GCDR several months ago...both of them had been in foster care for over a year. I can't imagine my life without them.

Older dogs make great pets.